It's raining.....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whino-wino

Reaction score
Pouring cats and dogs outside so I figured why not do something with the wine I had clearing in the basement. I hadn't even looked at it for about 2 months.

3 gallon batch of peach, 1 gallon of Navel Orange:

DSCF0508640x480-1.jpg

the tall 375ml bottle on the far left is what was left over from each batch after bottling. It is a blend of about 40% orange and 60% peach. Not sure how that will turn out, but it is better than dumping the leftovers down the drain.Fruit winesare usually too harsh to drink much when it's time to bottle, especially since I do most of mine dry.

Here arethe peach labels:

DSCF0510640x480.jpg

And the orange:

DSCF0509640x480-1.jpg

Finished off the blueberry cheesecake I had made for the 4th. Here's what that looked like before we ate it. Had some Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel to wash it down. Probably not the best choice of wine for the food, butwho cares, right? They both taste awesome.

DSCF0507640x480.jpg

Wine looks really fine.....pie looks divine...
Are the blueberries getting ready??? Some friends are going to Lake George next week to pick.

Glad you got that rain...it just completely circled around us, we did get some good winds out of it....Maybe a shower for us this morning....we can use everything we get up here in the hills.

whino,

Your labels look great, I love the Peach one. And you are some cheesecake maker. PWP might have to make that one for me for my birthday!!!!
Could we have your recipe?
Ramona

Great looking wines and cheesecake...wouldn't mind one bit a slobbering all over a piece of that.

rgecaprock said:
whino,

Your labels look great, I love the Peach one. And you are some cheesecake maker. PWP might have to make that one for me for my birthday!!!!
Ramona

Got this from a friend at work. Back when he lived in California his wife was known as the "cheesecake lady". I guess she made about a hundred of these a week.This recipe can be modified in a thousand different ways:

Cheesecake Recipe<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">6” 8” 10” 12”[/B]
Cream Cheese 3 4 6 9
Sugar 1C 1 1/2C 2C 3C
Vanilla 1T 1 1/2T 2T 3T
Knox (unf. Gel.) 1/4pkg 1/2pkg 3/4pkg 1pkg

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Crust[/B]<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">[/B]
Graham Crackers 1pkg 1pkg 2pkg 2pkg
Crushed
Chopped Pecans 1/2C 1/2C 1C 1C
Sugar 1/4C 1/4C 1/2C 1/2C

Preheat oven to 325°. Make sure oven temp is correct. Prepare crust – Combine and press layer in bottom of pan. Prepare Cheese mix (make sure cream cheese is softened to room temp). Blend together and put in spring form pan. Bake for 45min.
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Sour Cream Topping[/B]
Sour Cream 8oz 8oz 16oz 16oz
Sugar 2T 2T 1/3C 1/3C
Vanilla 1/2tsp 1/2tsp 1tsp 1tsp
Knox 1tsp 1tsp 1 1/2tsp 1 1/2tsp

Prepare Sour Cream layer- mix thoroughly. Remove cake from oven after 45 min. and pour sour cream over top. Place back in the oven and bake for 5 min. Remove cheesecake from oven and cool on wire rack. After a few hours place in the refrigerator or freezer. Cake will still be quite “jiggly”. After the cake is thoroughly chilled or frozen, use a knife around the edge of the pan and release the springform buckle. Pull side of pan carefully straight up. Press crumbs around side of cake.

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Flavors[/B]
*Swirls – put approx. ½ cheese mix into pan and spread out. Put spoonfuls of favorite jam onto top of cheese (about 1/2C). use sharp point of knife and swirl jam around until thinned out. Add rest of cheese mixture to pan and another ½ of jam on top. Swirl again with knife. For Sour Cream layer, pour on sour cream then add about 1/4C of jam. Swirl one more time without cutting into cream cheese.

*Pumkin – For 9” or 10” cake, mix 2/3 can of pumpkin with 3tsp pumpkin pie spice for cheese layer. Use the remaining pumpkin in the can with 1tsp pumpkin pie spice in the sour cream layer.

*Chocolate – for 9” or 10” cake, melt bag of chocolate chips, let cool to room temp. Add approx ¾ chocolate to cheese and the rest to sour cream. For darker chocolate add 1/3C cocoa to cheese and 2T cocoa to sour cream. Also consider crushed Oreo’s for crust.

Note – If cake cracks on top, cooled too fast or baked too hot/long.

Good luck.

oh my gosh, those bottles of wine look wonderful!!! And with the cheesecake you will be in heaven!!!! yummo!!!
smiley36.gif

rgecaprock said:
whino,

Ramona
It is good to get your request in early. Heck, the palace kitchens may be ready to go by then!
smiley5.gif

Nothing wrong with Wine and Cheeesecake! Especially when it looks that good (Wine and Cheesecake). Nice work.

Salute!
smiley1.gif

Latest posts

Back