IT Happened

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my Better Bottles too! Don't feel too bad about losing 6.5 gallons. I work in a commercial winery and let loose of a hose during a racking and lost about 150 gallons in seconds. Oh it happened in front of a tour with 50+ people watching too. IT happens

I love my Better Bottles too! Don't feel too bad about losing 6.5 gallons. I work in a commercial winery and let loose of a hose during a racking and lost about 150 gallons in seconds. Oh it happened in front of a tour with 50+ people watching too. IT happens

Wow..Just Wow!!

Hmm, I am not sure if a better bottle would survive a drop from say 2 meters down onto the floor. However, I am quite sure it is much more likely to survive the fall than a glass carboy. Also, Better Bottles do not shatter on accidental contact with hard surfaces.

I agree, they are not quite as pretty as glass carboys.. But, If I wish to admire my wine in glass I shall admire it up close and personal in a 4 ounce glass (;

oh my god I think I would have cried

Are they sturdy? They look so flimsy lol... I going to buy a couple this weekend. I use a plastic milk carton right now. Got it from the home office store

wineon4 Sorry for your loss.

Of everything out there I think the old milk crates are the best. I have the red handles on every carboy I own. They have never failed me.

Last edited:
wineon4 Sorry for your loss.

Of everything out there I think the old milk crates are the best. I have the red handles on every carboy I own. They have never failed me.

Mine seems to work my son helps me to lift. :) love flying the flag at half staff. In memry of funon4's pure Concord from grapes wine that past this week!!!

Last edited:
Hmm, I am not sure if a better bottle would survive a drop from say 2 meters down onto the floor. However, I am quite sure it is much more likely to survive the fall than a glass carboy. Also, Better Bottles do not shatter on accidental contact with hard surfaces.

I agree, they are not quite as pretty as glass carboys.. But, If I wish to admire my wine in glass I shall admire it up close and personal in a 4 ounce glass (;

as I said, to each his own!! All of us glass carboy lovers must be nuts :)

I have a couple of Better Bottles, and I like 'em OK. I still prefer heavy, fragile glass, though I couldn't really argue why in any sort of a cogent manner.

because they last forever. They are cleaner because they dont have tons of scratches from stiring and whipping!! Because the wine is beautiful!! Nuff said from a glass carboy lover

unless you drop one but I dont think its gonna be pretty if you drop a plastic jug either. to me its worth it. Just sayin!! Might as well use a plastic water bottle!! Oh, those are thin? If it keeps the liquid in place its thick enough!! alright Im off the soap box!!

Last edited:
seth8530 said:
Hmm, I am not sure if a better bottle would survive a drop from say 2 meters down onto the floor. However, I am quite sure it is much more likely to survive the fall than a glass carboy. Also, Better Bottles do not shatter on accidental contact with hard surfaces. I agree, they are not quite as pretty as glass carboys.. But, If I wish to admire my wine in glass I shall admire it up close and personal in a 4 ounce glass (;

I dropped my plastic kmeta spray bottle from counter height. It was only 1/4 full and yet still busted wide open and made my kitchen smell like sulphur for an hour or two. I don't have any hope for my BB if if hits the floor full.

Tess said:
because they last forever. They are cleaner because they dont have tons of scratches from stiring and whipping!! Because the wine is beautiful!! Nuff said from a glass carboy lover

My BB is pristine. It looks as good as the day I bought it. I don't have a single scratch on it anywhere.

Crap! I never should have posted that. It's DOOMED NOW!

I have 4 BB. 3 in 5 gallon and 1 in 3 gallon. The 3 gallon has a permanent dent in a corner on the bottom no idea how it got there but looks terrible. My 5 gallon ones are fine but all 4 of them are clouded from use and scrapes from degassing and cleaning. I try not to use them for long term aging that I reserve for glass. I have 5 water bottles that I used when I first started and they look fine, just a bit thin. My new 10 gallon batch is rolling up a storm should be ready for the glass by this weekend. Basement floor is still sticky even after 3 mopping's with bleach water. I will scrub it on my hands and knees this Saturday and try to remove any reminders of last weekend.:hh Wish I would have taken photos , at the time I thought it would not be a good thing to take photos but now I wish I did.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back