WineXpert island mist vs arbour mist

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is not a criticism. I'm just confused. I'm having a hard time understanding everyone's desire to take a kit that was designed by the manufacture to finish at about the same ABV as beer so you can drink a lot of it on a hot day and turn it into a high ABV wine. I would be worried about throwing off the balance the the manufacture formulated the kit for by doubling the ABV. It also seems like jacking the alcohol up that high would also mean that it would need to age longer before it becomes drinkable. Granted the fruit flavor and sugar would mask some of the roughness of the high alcohol but still seems like it would have to age longer.

That being said, we do add 3 pounds of sugar to our IM kits to give them a little more body. That seems like a good compromise to us between giving it a little more body without throwing off the balance. I'd really like to find someone who made one of the same IM kits we have but at 14% and taste the two side by side to see which produces a better end result. Anybody with a 14% exotic fruit, white cranberry, strawberry white Merlot or Pom Zin that wants to trade?

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Back