WineXpert Island Mist F-Pack is Solid

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slopenutz

Reaction score
I went to my basement(60 degrees) to get the F-Pack for my Peach chard but it is completely solid. It was fairly "gritty" 3 weeks ago when I opened the kit but it is now a brick. What are my options at this point? Is it an option to make a f-pack from welches peach concentrate?

I went to my basement(60 degrees) to get the F-Pack for my Peach chard but it is completely solid. It was fairly "gritty" 3 weeks ago when I opened the kit but it is now a brick. What are my options at this point? Is it an option to make a f-pack from welches peach concentrate?

You might be able to warm it up some to see if that won't soften it up some, I won't put it into the wine warm, let it cool down and I would imagine if that isn't an option you could use a peach concentrate. I don't do kits but I have done a couple of Island Mist kits and the f-pack are always liquid. You might want to take it back where you bought it or give them a call.

I agree with what Julie said, try to slowly warm it up to see if it loosens up. My first option if you bought locally would be to return to the place of purchase and see if they will swap out for you. It may have been an old kit.

Since its basically sugar inverted in there warming it up will do the trick as stated above just like honey crystalizes. No need to take it back, just warm it up.

Back