Is wine fatening?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcaret

Reaction score
i was reading a book that said wine wasnt fatning, then i looked at a wine kit ,and it said one cup was 26g of carbohydrates or something like that..
All the kits for red,whjite ,dry etc.said similar things .Any comments

All alcohol has carbs/calories and sweet wine has sugar.

Any food that contains more calories than required for its digestion can be "fattening".

Wine IS NOT fattening! If you doctor says it is, I have another doctor I can send you to for a contrary opinion. :ib

Really, a 5 oz. glass of dry red wine has between 90-110 calories. The problem with wine (at least in my case) is that it stimulates your appetite and and you eat more. I am working on the "Rocky Diet" which consists of all the salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and onions, only) you can eat and 2 bottles of wine a day! That would cost you little more than 1000 calories per day plus one liver. :r

I forgot a multi-vitamin every day.

Last edited:
I was going to say that wine does not contain fat, then I remembered that there is grapeseed oil. So as long as you don't press your grapes hard enough to crack the seeds, you should be Ok. :b

I am living proof that wine has calories and if you don't burn them they will turn to fat...... :<

One of the things I've learned over the years in that all things that taste good either cause cancer or make you fat.

I know a woman who drank to much wine one night and started getting fat. It only lasted 9 months

I have never heard of a lard diet.... ;)
me either but I like the idea! lol I love fat!, makes everything taste so much better

look at the French (for example), they eat so much rich and drinks lots of wine, yet they live longer then most and have low % of obesity and diseases.

(fats helps the body process carbs)

look at the French (for example), they eat so much rich and drinks lots of wine, yet they live longer then most and have low % of obesity and diseases.

Portion size might have something to do with it too.

From what I have heard....

Wine does not make you FAT
it makes you LEAN...
....against tables, chairs, floors, walls...

Last edited:
You guys made me laugh so hard I cried!! Good answers!

Excess calories taken in compared to expended make you overweight -- fat is how our body stores excess calories.

On the bright side... I'm ready for the next famine or flood.... plenty of fat stored up and fresh, sterile liquid for drinking!

Debbie

Latest posts

Back