WineXpert Is It Working?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wellllll, I didn't know I was supposed to check the SG at the beginning, so I have no idea. At this point it is 1.050. It has been in the plastic container for 14 days. Thanks for your help. I thought I would try this recipe in order to learn the process and how things SHOULD work. For some reason I was thinking that perhaps a 2.5 gallon disaster would not be as bad as a 6-gallon disaster !!

Country..Welcome to the forum. My recommendation woudl be to go back and read C.J.'s book again and even another book or two would be benifical. Absorb as much as you can so your wine making will be a positive experience and you won't get discouraged and quit. I bet ya ole C.J told ya all about Hydrometers and taking readings in his book. I would also go ahead and rack the wine to glass. Either a 3 gallon carboy forright now or1 gallon ones. Youcan divide the 2.5 gallon equally between 3 one gallon carboys if you do not have a 3 gallon.

BTW what ever became of the wine in the U.K? I searched the link that was postd and couldnt find glass carboys but did find a 5 gallon closed ((plastic/not bucket))container. It sure is odd but i still havent learned anything from the plastic bucket--no carboy experience.

Did Barking try other stores and get the same information causing him/her to order a glass carboy etc. etc.

Thanks, Waldo. I read your advice, lucked out and immediately found a 2.5 gallon glass container at the shop, re-read C.J.'s instructions, etc. I have now racked the batch and it's in a 72 degree storage area. Guess we'll see. However, last week I had purchased a kit, with great hopes that all is not lost on the first batch and I would have the courage to try again. So, now I've read the instructions 14 times, sterilized everything mixed it all according to step #1 - and now we wait?
smiley29.gif

Latest posts

Back