Introducing...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jswordy

Reaction score
Introducing Bell Bottom Blues, the new blueberry-concord red from Sweetpea Farms...

bellbottomblues005.jpg

Delightful nose, very approachable right out of the carboy. I can't wait for a few months of age on it.

Made with a nod to the master:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO2bExu2tGE[/ame]

Thanks for the comments. We re-sided the BACK side of the barn in early winter because it was so mild here, and that is what is on the label.

I was pleased with the wine. It started as blueberry slurry to which I added a Welch's concord recipe, and then back-flavored with blueberry concentrate and sugar. I really raised the tannin up with liquid tannin at the end, too. By fall, it should be getting really good, and I got a 35-bottle yield out of my big carboys so hopefully some will survive until then. I have $1.65 a bottle in the contents. ;)

Meanwhile, the source blueberry is still clearing, so that is a definite advantage of the concord-blueberry recipe. It makes me want to try an all blueberry concentrate recipe sometime. Fun to experiment.

Very Nice Jim. I too am thinking about a batch of blueberry as soon as they come into season here.

I have a series of Sweetpea Farms labels, all with sonmething depicted from the farm. I'll be posting more soon as I bottle more. The barn was originally built in 1933 of oak sawmilled from the place as it was cleared. The original portion of my house is also constructed of that oak. Oak studs, subfloor and rafters. Sturdy!

Latest posts

Back