WineXpert Instruction HELP! WE Selection International Amarone w/ Skins

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedRockGirl

Reaction score
Mystery Solved. LP was able to scan and email me the instructions.

This is my first time making this kit. I opened the box to check the ingredients and noticed my instructions were for "Speciale" not selection. I called Global Vinters and they emailed me the Selection ingredients for this kit. When I got the email, the new instructions make NO mention in the supply list or the instructions of the (2) 400 g corn sugar Chaptalization packs. I still don't seem to have the correct information.
I did a little googling and found these instructions in the link below. Can someone verify if they are right? I'm sure not impressed with WE customer service. I called LP where I bought it and they said they could mail me the right instructions, but that will take days.
:ft
https://www.homebrewing.org/assets/images/PDF/SelectionInternationalAmaronewithGrapeskins(1).pdf

Last edited:
RedrockGirl

Those instructions look ok to me, can you make simple syrup?:h If so, do that instead of using the powder dextrose they gave you. and it all goes in the primary except for the capitalization part, that's done on day 5 or 7.using your hydrometer and readings and the instruction you'll know when to add it Stay in touch.:db..this is just an example, okay.

7 SG.jpg

I'm making these kit too.
I just poor the dextrose bag in the must at around 1.040 and stir well. It is use to raise up the sg of 0.010 or so.

Take a good, accurate SG reading both immediately before and after adding / stirring in your powdered dextrose and record them. It'll help you determine your final ABV. I've done the same wine, worked out quite well.

Back