im very hard of hearing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotty

Reaction score
would like a set of headphones that i plug unto a usb port. They need to have volume adjustable for both ears. My right ear is my best ear the left one hears ony very trebbly sounds.
The primary purpose for these earphones will be so i can listen to teaching videos, the news and sort of u tube type teaching video.
i know nothing about headphones and i havent listened to music videos for years so im asking for help here because im sure that there are are some sound freaks in our gang. im an aging motorcycle freak.
please help and ask any questions you care to-- it will not be embarrasing. i will spend a couple of hundred dollars or more if necessary. there is so much i can learn available and being almost 70 years old i have time on my hands. i am not qualified to make a sensable purchase in this area
thanks all in advance.
say what/SCOTTY

dom scotto :D

Hi Scotty,

I have not seen any headphones with separate volume for each ear. Only a single volume that controls both sides at once. Any USB headphone made these days is going to be something made for Skyping so it will have a built in boom mic of sorts, probably not what you want.

Most will advise you if you are hard of hearing to wear your hearing aid and let them do the work that they are supposed to be doing for you and adjust the volume accordingly.

Consumer Reports really likes these Audio-Technica headphones as well as several of the Grado Prestige series and the Bose AE2.

You probably want something that fits "over" the entire ear, and not something that rest "on" the ear.

Cnet.com also has pretty good reviews on everything electronic so I would check them out as well.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
i found a set in england thanks for the replys
smiley1.gif

Latest posts

Back