im back

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaluba

Reaction score
hi everyone, i finally have time to start a batch. It seem evry year at this time I really get excited about a new hobby. Oddly I log on today after not being on here for six months of working wierd schedules and i see i joined the group almost exactly 1 year ago. Ha thats crazy its got to be the weather changes. Anywho I think its gonna be a orange from frozen conc. Probably a one gal. batch as soon as i get the order made for the carboy and fermenter. Well its good to read the posts again and ill definitly keep yall updated. talk to yall later.

This place is Hotel California, I tell ya!
smiley2.gif

Welcome back!

Welcome back kaluba...Remember, you can check out, but you cant leave.

Hello Kaluba,

I see you are from my neck of the woods. I grew up not too far from Houma in Napoleonville. Hope you fared well with Gustav. And good luck with your batch.

whats up guadet, i see we are neibhors. we did pretty well for the storms. I have shingle damage over 50% of my roof and 3 side of my fence was destroyed. Now I have water damage on my ceilings in two rooms, and my central a/c went out after the water damage. Despite all this im extremely lucky to still have my home. I have no reason to complain ya know. Where are you livin now?

New Orleans.........

Westbank side.....

Not much but a lot of wind and rain. No damage except for no power for a week. But I was locked in at work, so no biggie. I cleaned out the fridge and freezers so we didn't have a repeat of Katrina. Wife had evac'ed with her family to Shreveport, so she was safe and sound as well.

Hope to see more of you online. I'm relatively new here, so don't take anything I say as truth, yet !!!! (in regards to winemaking.)
smiley1.gif

yeah im gonna pitch at 8:30 tonight. Hooray bout damn time right? Which brings my next question. I prolly need a S.G. reading before right.

Yes, you should take a reading and try to get it at 1.085 as that is what most fruit and white wines come out the best at! By taking a reading now you will know how your wine is fermenting and what the finished abv is.

Im trying to add pics to my post in fruit wines to formally introduce my wine, but its starts acting funny oncei add even one already resized pic. Ill try again later, im not givin up yet.Edited by: kaluba

You cant have any /-"'! in the file name or it will not upload and it does take some time to load a pic. Try renaming the pic as "wine" or something simple and if that dont work email me the pic and Ill see whats wrong.
[email protected]

Ok so I can get one of any of my pics in the post with or without text. As soon as I try to load the second one, which all my pics have been resized to 50kb or less. The next window which is image insert freezes up.

Are you sure it is freezing up as like I said it does take quite awhile during this procedure? Like i said email it to me and Ill see if it is your computer or something with the file.

Kaluba I had no trouble uploading your photos as they were but you really should dissolve your sugar with boiling water first so that you can get an accurate SG reading. What was the temp when you inoculated your wine with the yeast?

Latest posts

Back