Icky Rain

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishWineP

Reaction score
We're both home from work today, ugly freezing rain. I may not go in tomorrow either, the way things look. I bet Northern and Jack aren't out and about much either.
smiley11.gif
I went up town to the grocery, and the main streets are okay but it wasn't fun driving. We're sampling a bottle of Hannabarn's ice style wine tonight. The joys of not being at work!
smiley2.gif

Here's hoping your power stays on for you! The rain's are to get here tomorrow morning as freezing rain, but heavier rain in the afternoon. Stay dry, stay warm and stay un-sober.

I've never seen freezing rain, but from what I hear, its not good!
I woke up to the sound of snowblowers this morning. Twelve inches of really wet snow! I have had enough now!
And lucky you getting to stay home from work!

Was wondering about you too....Wondered how you were doing getting to and from work...Glad you stayed home...
smiley20.gif

Jim went to the lake today...he took the neighbor and the cell phone....He said it was icy on the way and just wet on the way home....No fish.

I slowly went down the road 2 miles.... wasn't too bad this PM.... used the tanning booth...It sure gets warm in there, can close your eyes and dream for a few minutes, forgetting what's outside......Starting to get a little color to this old skin.

Been buying summer clothes to take on our little trip. so went through the closets and got 3 bags of stuff for Goodwill...If I hadn't worn it in a few years...it's history!!!! Now have to get Jim to part with some old stuff....

If it would have been a few degrees colder we sure would have gotten a lot of snow today...prefer to hear the eves dripping, but know within a few hours the eves will become silent and the snow will fall.

Wow!!
Today was nice!! 63 degrees with a nice breeze. The girls were out showing off their legs. I was in a tee and shorts. beautiful day.
smiley16.gif

Hope you dont get hit too hard the PWP, We got it a month ago and got sent home from work due to loss of power only to arrive home and get called back, power company said it would be out for 4 hours and it actually came on in 1!

Sorry
smiley9.gif

I hope everyone stays safe and warm up there. It will be nice up there in july when it is 105 here.
smiley18.gif
Cold weather is better for drinking wine.

It rained all night...
Sure is getting full of puddles out there....The ground is frozen, so no place for the water to go...

Suppose to get colder tonight....will be skidding and skating tomorrow.
Brought in my 'Ice Creepers'...rubber thongs with studs on them that you pull over your shoes or boots...work great....will be a necessity tomorrow when the temp drops.

Lake is going to be flooded....will have to go out and check on the spearing shanty...probably Jim will have to put more blocks under it to raise it up a bit more....He's got 5 pieces of 2X4's under it already...like it's up on stilts with snow piled up around the base....Now there will be no fluffy snow to toss up around it.

Strange weather indeed.

45 above here. Have to go out and get more wood in while snow is off the top of the pile!! Ice fishing shack is still Ok. about 30 inches of ice!!

PolishWineP said:
We're both home from work today, ugly freezing rain. I may not go in tomorrow either, the way things look. I bet Northern and Jack aren't out and about much either.
smiley11.gif
I went up town to the grocery, and the main streets are okay but it wasn't fun driving. We're sampling a bottle of Hannabarn's ice style wine tonight. The joys of not being at work!
smiley2.gif

PWP, I did go into town yesterday to check on Mary's parents but did that in the morning. I cancelled all PM activities which required going outside. But, it never got below freezing! It was rainoff and on all day and through the night so everything is wet, including thetown parking lots which are snow packed and now life threatening. You might be able to drive a car on them but you almost certainly can't walk on them. So we'll stay put today too. I need to fight with my computer so more anyway
smiley7.gif

Here in the "sunny south," the temp is 48* and the wind is blowing like crazy (50-70 mph). Lights off, lights on, lights off, lights on, etc. We are just beginning to recover from the ice storm that brought so many limbs and trees down and this wind is finishing the job. Jeesh!
smiley6.gif
smiley6.gif

Ugly drive home tonight, but we got home. Going to leave the cats home this weekendand visit folks in Wisconsin. We're getting together with Barney and Betty (Hannabarn) on Saturday to tell wine lies, drink coffee, eat pie and maybe even tour a winery! Good thing our son will be around and keeping the cats in line. You know how they like to party when the parents are gone.
smiley2.gif

Latest posts

Back