Hydrometers I have broken

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to do wine work while hubby is away because he always has questions for me, and I feel I need to concentrate. This time he came home just when I was standing there in a little flood. Jumped right in, grabbed a bucket and a couple sponge mops and helped me clean it all up. Even that timing was perfect. So silence for the PG is appreciated, but I don't think I could have had a better more perfect broken carboy time.

And the room actually smells wonderful. New room scent?

Pam in cinti

Sounds like a whole new perfume line to me. Altho with my hubby I'd need to dab some Corona behind my ears to attract him. But honestly that whole floor of the house is fruitylicious smelling. Even better than fermenting grapes.

Pam in cinti

Here is the video on the "Herculometer"...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7uLxrJ_ikk&feature=youtu.be"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7uLxrJ_ikk&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

I break at least one or two a year so I started keeping one in reserve. Didn't break one for over a year until I loaned my spare out to a friend who just started wine making and didn't have one yet - of course I'm all like please, no, please...just borrow my spare until you order one........I swear it was just days after it left my house that I dropped my one and only! I already have the Herculometer in my shopping basket. Victory is mine!

I like to do wine work while hubby is away because he always has questions for me, and I feel I need to concentrate. This time he came home just when I was standing there in a little flood. Jumped right in, grabbed a bucket and a couple sponge mops and helped me clean it all up. Even that timing was perfect. So silence for the PG is appreciated, but I don't think I could have had a better more perfect broken carboy time.

And the room actually smells wonderful. New room scent?

Pam in cinti[/QUOT

LOL, I say that every time I stop at the wine shop where they have 100+ batches going all the time. "Why don't they make air fresheners with this scent?

Latest posts

Back