how to make winter wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savana123

Reaction score
As winters almost came and it brings lot more things and it is a season of good juicy fruits. I prefer apple, peach, plum in this season and to keep the body warm mulled wine is the best to use and no doubt it is very tasty. I dont know the recipe of this wine but, i really wanted to know for sure.

I mean this will be helpful in winters and even keeps the body warm.

You can get mulling spices at your local winery or supply store. It is kind of like a tea bag. Put your wine in a crock pot or kettle. Put the mulling spices in there. Heat it up....There's your mulled wine. Very good stuff. I first tried a mulled wine last winter in Michigan. I can't remember the name of the winery but it was very nice. They also make vodka and other things.

Maybe I'm just being dumb, but if you're in Australia, aren't you moving towards warmer weather these days?

As for mulled wine, I've tried a few recipes but haven't found one that I really like. My guess is that some wines are better mulled than others and that's where I've gone wrong.

apple would probly be one that is good in fact it's the only one I think I'd probly want maybe peach or possibly pear.............hmmm that rhymed lol

Maybe I'm just being dumb, but if you're in Australia, aren't you moving towards warmer weather these days?

As for mulled wine, I've tried a few recipes but haven't found one that I really like. My guess is that some wines are better mulled than others and that's where I've gone wrong.

Mulled wines are really good in taste as different spices are added in it. Sometime, as you said mulled wines are not that tasteful and even not prepared better. I mean the taste which should be there in mulled wine disappears.

Back