How to bottle wine at home^^

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything is simple:

I have wine .
I have 3 NEW, FRESH, UNUSED bottles of wine.

I want to pour this wine in those bottles. Is it okay to rinse that bottles with only hot water wine to last maximum for 3 months into them?

Thank you!

Here's a suggestion. Find a local wine making supply shop and purchase some (small quantity) Potassium Metabusulfite or some Campden tablets. Dissolve 2 tablespoon in 1 gallon of bottled water. This will be your sanitizing solution to be used on your bottles, funnel, and whatever else may come in contact with your project. Just slosh @1/2 cup around in each bottle then allow to drain. Use a spray bottle to rinse EVERYTHING else. This should take care of any contamination concerns!!! You see,,, for us winemakers, sanitizing is paramount

Last edited:
Everything is simple:

I have wine .
I have 3 NEW, FRESH, UNUSED bottles of wine.

I want to pour this wine in those bottles. Is it okay to rinse that bottles with only hot water wine to last maximum for 3 months into them?

Thank you!

Maybe. I think people are telling you the common and well accepted process that almost assures you don't have a problem. Not following sanitizing procedures doesn't mean that you will have a problem, it just means the likelihood goes up substantially.

It's like buying insurance. Is it worth it to you? Maybe. Probably depends on how important it is to you that the wine is good when opened. If it is very important, follow the accepted protocol, if not take a chance.

Oh,,,BTW If you decide to sanitize, what little is used will have no effect on wine or wine drinker. Just in case you're worried about chemicals. They are NOT petroleum products

I think you have 2 dangers here. One is that it will probably drop a lot sediment and two unless you are bottling in champagne bottles they could explode from the pressure.

Talk about misunderstanding what someone is asking, I had no idea that is what he was asking.

I guess I won't be bidding on those 3-bottles of Petrus on Ebay[emoji3]

Latest posts

Back