House of Cards

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just started house of cards season 1.
Keven spacey is great (but of course I expect nothing less from Kaiser Soze)

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Who has finished Season 2 of House of Cards?

oh...mah....b'goodness....

We're still watching it, so no spoilers! We don't have the time to hole up an entire day and binge the whole batch like my 30-something pal did.

We're also in the middle of the ORIGINAL House of Cards TV series - the British version.

You will love the British one.

All I will say about season 2 is that the acting is superb. I am now officially terrified of Kevin Spacey. Also, I've never been a fan of Robin Wright but she absolutely shines in this series.

Speaking of British television, any Torchwood, Dr Who, or Downton Abbey fans?

Sherlock. But i'm behind on that one. I haven't started House of Cards season II yet. I'm pacing myself. ;)

Sherlock ! Did someone say Sherlock!

I think the 1st 2 seasons are excellent. The 2nd episode of the 3rd season (the best man speech) is outstanding

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Sherlock!
No spoilers!

We are waiting to get our hands on Season 3 and I'm so excited.
I will say I like the british guys over Robert Downey/Jude Law.

Finished House of Cards -2

I agree ... amazing terrifying television!! Had to limit ourselves to 2 episodes a night ... I wanted to just keep watching and finish the season ... now I have to wait !! not patiently!!

Read an interesting article though recently about how the streaming of shows has changed our watching experience from a communal experience to a private "selfish" experience.

Havent decided if I agree ... but I do know with the "no spoiler" requests (often made myself .. so not judging) it takes away our ability to have conversations around the water cooler about what was on last night ...

Thoughts??

All I seem to see on netflix.ca is the first season of house of cards? Was the first season run in 2013 and 2nd this year? Or is that the 2nd season and I'm not seeing the first season? Haven't started watching it yet for that reason.

On another note, 2nd season of Bates Motel is starting on Monday and looks creepy as heck! Last season was good and Vera Farmiga and Freddie Highmore are excellent!

Carolyn

All I seem to see on netflix.ca is the first season of house of cards? Was the first season run in 2013 and 2nd this year? Or is that the 2nd season and I'm not seeing the first season? Haven't started watching it yet for that reason.

On another note, 2nd season of Bates Motel is starting on Monday and looks creepy as heck! Last season was good and Vera Farmiga and Freddie Highmore are excellent!

Carolyn

Yes, the first season was 2013 and the entire second season was released on Valentine's Day this year. We're still watching it. Not enough time to binge.

Ah thanks JS! I'll know I can start watching as soon as I have time then :)

Carolyn

Ah thanks JS! I'll know I can start watching as soon as I have time then :)

Carolyn

Also, look for the original British series on Netflix, by the same name. It was done in the 1990s, and while there are some similar plot lines, it does diverge. That way, you can have your fill of Congress and Parliament all at the same time!

Both are incredibly addicting, if you ask me. The upside down flag in the U.S. version is also nice - that is a distress signal!

A while back, the NY "Daily News" got so disgusted with what was going on (or rather, NOT going on) in D.C. during the shutdown, it actually ran this front page, a take-off on House of Cards:

Also, look for the original British series on Netflix, by the same name. It was done in the 1990s, and while there are some similar plot lines, it does diverge. That way, you can have your fill of Congress and Parliament all at the same time!

Both are incredibly addicting, if you ask me. The upside down flag in the U.S. version is also nice - that is a distress signal!

A while back, the NY "Daily News" got so disgusted with what was going on (or rather, NOT going on) in D.C. during the shutdown, it actually ran this front page, a take-off on House of Cards:

Lmao!! That is too funny!

Carolyn

The Borgias.

I'm speechless.
The first two episodes, everyone could have burned to death and I wouldn't have cared, but I needed something to watch while I was knitting.
There is a pretty large backstory that needs to be set up, as well as character introductions, etc. Halfway through the third episode I realized I was in trouble. By the end of the fourth episode I realized I needed to find another show to watch during knitting.

H O L Y M O S E S.

About like House of Cards in total lack of moral fiber and shocking television. Seriously good acting, great story line, etc.

Haven't seen any of the episodes but isn't Jeremy Irons in it? He's an awesome actor...

Yes, and he is spellbinding. I cannot decide if I love him or hate him. It changes from episode to episode.
I'm not familiar with most of the others in the series but they are ALL top notch.

Hurry....go watch so that we can gab about it over a glass of wine!!

will do! what are you watching it on? Just the first season? He's one of my fave creepy actors lol! Love Ralph Fienes too lol an old flick to look for is called Dead Ringers with Jeremy Irons... ever seen it? Creepy!

Latest posts

Back