HoneyDew Melon, Mango Peach Chardonnay

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShelleyDickison

President of Stay at Home and Do Nothing Inc.
Reaction score
We have recently tasted a wine from a local winery that makes this type of wine and we really enjoy it. I have searched to see if it was a kit because most of his fruit style wines a from kits. I am guessing at this one because the ABV is generally around 6% and the names mimic a lot of the Mist or OB kit definitions. I was thinking they may actually use the Peach Chardonnay kit and add some sort of flavoring for the other fruits. Is there such a thing as honeydew melon extract, I have seen Mango, and is there a certain brand that is used or certain things I need to watch for or avoid if I can find them.

There is a honeydew boba 'bubble' tea powder. Would need to read label since some contain dry milk yet others are simply fruit powder plus sugar.

Shelley there is a kiwi melon kit. We have made it, not much kiwi taste but more of the honey dew melon. Wonder if they combined 2 kits?

Sammyk said:
Shelley there is a kiwi melon kit. We have made it, not much kiwi taste but more of the honey dew melon. Wonder if they combined 2 kits?

I actually never thought about blending. I just happen to have the KiwiMelon Pinot Grigio and the Peach Chardonnay made. I am not sure about how to do it though I would assume its basically trial and error with mixing.

Back