Hi from Ohio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrownBeer

Junior
Reaction score
Another new guy from Ohio here.
I have one kit (Merlot) under my belt. It came out very good.
I have started a 5g SP batch last Saturday. On Monday I began a 2.5g batch
of apple wine. I put a couple of cups of the SP in with the invert sugar I used
in the apple juice. It's fermenting quite well.
A 5g batch of welches will be next.
Sorry to ramble on, hello everyone.

Howdy, Glad to meet ya. Others on here have said not to reuse your wine yeasts too many times as they can start giving off some odd tastes. I do not know this for a fact. I do know you can use them for an origional batch then for s.p. and they come out great. Good luck with all your wines, Arne.

Hi BrownBeer,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. I'm thinkin you Ohians are going catch up with us Pa'ers in membership. :)

How close are you to Luva Bella's? I'm thinkin maybe some of us Pa'ers need to meet up with you guys from Ohio at Luva Bella's next spring.

Thanks.
I didn't use any must. I made the SP with a starter using ec-1118, Orange juice, water and nutrient. I just added a couple of cups of the fermenting SP to the Apple juice before I pitched yeast for the apple wine.

Welcme to the forum, BrownBeer. Lots of us "Ahians" on the board. You will find it very instructive. Sounds like you have been busy already.

Great start for you and awesome that you are already making starter yeasts!!! Its the way to go especially important if youdecide to make beer also. Glad to have you aboard!

Welcome BrownBeer from another fellow Buckeye down in the South West corner of the state!

Hi BrownBeer,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. I'm thinkin you Ohians are going catch up with us Pa'ers in membership. :)

How close are you to Luva Bella's? I'm thinkin maybe some of us Pa'ers need to meet up with you guys from Ohio at Luva Bella's next spring.

That actually sounds like fun!!!!! Looks like my daughter will be going to Kent state so I'll have a reason to be up in those parts. :)

Latest posts

Back