Hi from Eastern Canada

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rms

Junior
Reaction score
Thought I would introduce myself to you all. Just started making wine a few months ago and have made 4 kits and have a Ken Ridge Amarone on the go now and a batch of SP in secondary. WE Primitivo and World Vinyard Pino Grigio waiting to be started. Even though the wines that I have made are very young and I know they will improve with age, I'm still amazed at how good they are at this point!

Been reading the forum posts and have seen lots of great info.

Welcome to the party. It's always great to get some more member's north of the boarder. We all have ton's of information to share. Feel free to pop in any time and ask questions or comment!

Welcome,rms, to a great forum - always good to have another Nova Scotian check in. Don't hear much from nswiner or BIGJEFF anymore - Jeff's probably at sea and Darlene's probably just waiting out the winter like most of us.
rms - you're close to quite a few vinyards down there ( St Famille should be within spittin' distance!), so you'll have to look into getting some grapes/juice once you get going good in this hobby. Your Primitivo will be a great wine in time. The LE Douro Tinto will be another great one - are you getting that one also?
Good luck.

Welcome,rms, to a great forum - always good to have another Nova Scotian check in. Don't hear much from nswiner or BIGJEFF anymore - Jeff's probably at sea and Darlene's probably just waiting out the winter like most of us.
rms - you're close to quite a few vinyards down there ( St Famille should be within spittin' distance!), so you'll have to look into getting some grapes/juice once you get going good in this hobby. Your Primitivo will be a great wine in time. The LE Douro Tinto will be another great one - are you getting that one also?
Good luck.

Yes Dugger I'm about 3/4 of a mile from St. Famille and know the owners as well. Getting some juice from them is a distinct possibility but I ave to aquire a little more knowledge about wine making in general before that happens.
I did not order the LE Douro Tinto but the last time I was in Noble Grape they said that there was a possibility that they would have a few extra LE kits available if I was interested.

Yes Dugger I'm about 3/4 of a mile from St. Famille and know the owners as well. Getting some juice from them is a distinct possibility but I ave to aquire a little more knowledge about wine making in general before that happens.
I did not order the LE Douro Tinto but the last time I was in Noble Grape they said that there was a possibility that they would have a few extra LE kits available if I was interested.

Hey, that's great - I used to work with Doug a long time ago and my wife I were there last summer and Suzanne gave us a good tour. Can't believe Doug's 80!! Have they started their expansion yet?
If the Douro Tinto is available, it would be worth getting.

Welcome, welcome, welcome! Sounds like you have made a really good start already. Keep it up!

I work for a client out of Ottawa. I talk with them every week day on the phone. Don't care much for their weather this time of year.

Hey, that's great - I used to work with Doug a long time ago and my wife I were there last summer and Suzanne gave us a good tour. Can't believe Doug's 80!! Have they started their expansion yet?
If the Douro Tinto is available, it would be worth getting.

I see Doug every so often in the local corner store and used to see him a couple nights a week a few..... well many years ago at the curling club. You are correct he really is a young 80 ish. I'm not aware if the reno/expansion has begun yet but I will ask next time I see him.

Latest posts

Back