Hi From Canada's Capital Region!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QCStang

Junior
Reaction score
Complete Newbie here!

Well, actually, I have made a half dozen or so batches at a local 'winemaking' store. Got a complete hardware kit for Christmas, and I ordered some traminer online, and it has arrived. I went with a very inexpensive kit (Ok, cheap) for my first batch, and I'm going to start it on the weekend.

Since basements here are built very deep due to the variances in the weather (it was -28C when I went to work yesterday!), I probably have an excellent basement to do winemaking. I have platform setup in the furnace room (avg temp there is about 70*F, And I have another separate are that runs a lot cooler - about 50 or so. I have a dolly that should be a big help moving carboys around.

About me? Computer systems Analyst. Living across the Ottawa river on the Quebec side, just across from the city of Ottawa. I really enjoy white wines with the wife (35 years married as of last month!). But good whiskey always comes first!

Was real sick a while ago, but finally feel better to do more things once again.
Had a fairly rare form of cancer, but seems to be pretty much gone now.*Knocks on wood*

Wish me luck on my first batch!

Dan

Dan, welcome to the forum and glad to hear things are looking up for you. :br Feel free to chime in any time and offer comments or questions.

Welcome to the forum. Glad you're feeling better and hoping you have the cancer beat. Good Luck!

Hi Dan,
Wish you a hearty welcome. If you run into any snags, just give a holler. We have probably already seen em. Will try and help. Try reading thru some of the tutorials, lottsa great info there. Good luck with a great hobby, Arne.

Welcome to the forum, Dan. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Welcome. Reading your post reminds me of the 30 summers I sent up at Bennett Lake near Perth/balderson/Fallbrook. Been to Ottawa plenty of times. You will find lots of friendly and helpful advice here. Good luck with that first batch.

Mark

Latest posts

Back