hey from the ozarks foothills

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
:bt hji, I'm Richard
new to wine making, thought I'd give this a try, I raise my own meat, beef, rabbit, hog, chickens, garden, have fruit trees, elderberries, crab apples, wild grapes,, I am now in poor health and don't sleep much, so instead of another pill to sleep I thought about enjoying a nice glass of wine at bedtime,

Welcome to the forum!

My Doctor actually approves of my one glass of wine around the time of or with dinner.

welcome to the forum. It appears you are from Missouri...howdy from another Missourian! I am new here too and have yet to pitch a single yeast-Just reading and learning and gathering
up equipment for the time being. I have learned a lot.

Hi Richard, welcome to the forum. Do you know where Jasper, Arkansas is? Have you ever been there? All I remember is that it is on the Little Buffalo River and I think the County was Harrison.

yes, I used to go in that area to black bear hunt some, it's on the west side of Arkansas, bigger hills over there, but oh so beautiful ,,

Hi:
What kinda grape grow there. hybred or pure. Do you have pd.
want to grow something besides muskies.
Rick

hello all, thank you,
to rawatts I couldn't even start to tell you what grape grow around these parts, on my place I have wild grapes, I think they are fox grapes, but really don't know,they are so deep purpleish blue they almost seem to be getting close to black, they are around one half as big as table store bought grapes with a seed that uses up most of their insides but are quite tasty to man , bird and animal alike, around 35 year ago I talked to a elder lady named fanny, she was in her 90's when she found out where I lived she ask me if there was still a grape patch in the woods, I said yes she then told me of many belly aches from over eating and how her dad had also eaten them when he was young, my place turns out to be where she was raised, the old 2 story home long, long gone, and yes I do wish to grow other things, this year I've planted a few triple crown blackberries, some prime Arkansas freedom blackberries, I'm wanting to plant at the very least some Muscadine's, grapes, and plum trees, I have on my place already established pear, peaches, crab apples, mulberries, elderberries, an 2 types of wild black berries nothing in large amounts, but I sure do enjoy walking around at the right times f year and eating my tail off,

Welcome to the Forums. We call those wild grapes possum grapes in Missouri. I'm also growing muscadines (12 varieties,) 5 varieties of blackberries, plums, and elderberries. I planted so many muscadines so I could determine which ones do well in my area, taste good, etc. I just planted the blackberries this year, so I'm going to learn the same things about them.

yeah we call them that as well, i'll be planting muscadines this spring, I planted 2 type of thornless blackberry this year myself, I cant wait ti see how the taste, I planted triple crown, but I also planted prime Arkansas freedoms, they bear on both prima cane an flora canes, you're from Sikeston, not no great distance from me,,, good luck to you as well, I'm ready to learn,,,

Latest posts

Back