Here’s an idea for a tutorial

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earl

Reaction score
With the craze of Pod Casting, what about George or one of the other Pro's on this site, doing a Pod Cast on the various techniques and stages of home wine making? I've only listened to a couple of them and have no idea what is involved in the making of one, but they sure seem to be all the rage at the moment.

I could do one but with my vast experience it would go something like this: "Hello and welcome to my home wine making Pod Cast. Please immediately go to FineVineWines.com, order a kit, and check the Discussion Forum. Thank you and goodbye."

earl

I have been trying to read around on what is involved with Pod Casting. Can't say I really understand it yet. It does appear like you would have to have your own server or subscribe through a service cause the bandwidth would be fairly intensive. It also appears you need either an Ipod (purchase)or specific software on your PC which appears you can get for free.

Another option would be to just upload video tutorials but these would be server intensive as well but I do have to agree that seeing the steps in action would be truly beneficial to newbies and actually place the site a step above others as I don't know of any other that has step by step video tutorials in place.

A third option that would work but not be as desirable but a load easier and cheaper would be to produce a few tutorial videos and burn them to DVDs and George could include them with starter kit sales or sell for a nominal cost to cover production costs. I do think that the materials easily available on the website would be the cake though.

I to agree with you that this would be very exciting. I wish I was done with school and had time to dedicate to working on something like this. I have a decent video camera and editing software that I have never installed and played with. When time eases up for me (I graduate!) this fall I might get involved in this. I might even try to play around a little with this before then.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Latest posts

Back