Help with Crab Apple Wine needed!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecrabappler

The Crab Appler
Reaction score
I made 2 bottles worth of crab apple wine 2 yrs ago, following my grandma's old recipe. Basically just the apples, gin, and sugar. Then I found this site and read posts with campden tablets, nutritional yeast, ever clear, pectic enzyme, sorbate...the list goes on. My head was spinning. My question is, can I still add (whatever needs to go into crab apple wine to make it consumable) to the bottles, or do I have to toss them? Also, What kind of supplies would I need to make a small batch, lets say a few bottles, ans what NEEDS to go in the mixture? I noticed there are a lot of opinions on it, but what I need to know is what HAS to be in there. To be able to stick to the old recipe as much as possible without changing the original flavour as well.

I would suggest purchasing a primer on wine making from you local wine supply shop. it will detail the required items and chemicals required to make wine.
the recipe you stated is not a fermented wine but just a flavored gin.

Latest posts

Back