Other Help!!! Molded grape pack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollywood

Junior
Reaction score
It's started new batch of wine yesterday. Got my juice in primary and opened up the grape pack it there's mold in it!!! I've contacted the store I bought it from but no word yet. Is my juice ruined? Should I continue with adding yeast and such and put in grape pack later? Is everything ruined?

Ouch, that sucks. Never had that happen to me before. Was the box damaged, or the grape pack pouch cut/punctured?

What type of wine is it? Which manufacturer?

The grape pack adds a good bit of sugar to the wine, so you may need to add some sugar and raisins/fresh grapes to your must, if available. Most manufacturers will replace the entire kit for you since you already have it started, so if they agree to do that, just experiment to see if you can make the wine as close to normal as possible (the right SG, tannins, etc.).

What was the condition of the bag the grape pack came in? I assume nothing else in the box looked out of the ordinary. If it is indeed infected, then it should be replaceable either by the store or the manufacturer.

Can you post a picture of what the grape pack looks like?

Latest posts

Back