Other Help! I need a Kit Recommendation ASAP

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoneCreek

Reaction score
I friend of mine just asked me to make a 6 gallon batch of a Cab Merlot blend for his wife's upcoming 40th birthday celebration. She loves the wines I make from kits and from fruit. I have just under a year to get the kit, get it going, get it done, and in the bottle for aging. One of her favorite blended wines that they buy is Prisoner Wine. Any recommendations that are tried and true would be greatly appreciated. Money is not an issue for this batch since its going to close friend. Thanks in advance.

I friend of mine just asked me to make a 6 gallon batch of a Cab Merlot blend for his wife's upcoming 40th birthday celebration. She loves the wines I make from kits and from fruit. I have just under a year to get the kit, get it going, get it done, and in the bottle for aging. One of her favorite blended wines that they buy is Prisoner Wine. Any recommendations that are tried and true would be greatly appreciated. Money is not an issue for this batch since its going to close friend. Thanks in advance.

While your timeline is tight, I would recommend the CellarCraft Showcase Walla Walla Cab Merlot. It is outstanding. It would like more than a year to reach potential but it is pretty darn good earlier than that.

Before I even read Roger's post, I was thinking Walla Walla Cab/Merlot. You're not going to even approach the Prisoner with a kit, but that one should be very nice.

Back