Hello

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VineSwinger

Junior
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello, been lurking here for a month or so and have already found some very useful information. My wife and I are newbies to wine making and, with my sisters help, have 3 port kits going through primary fermentation. We also bought a starter set and a Cru Orchard Breezin Mist kit going at our place, which we started on 1-29.

We do a lot of :fsh too, just love that little emoticon!

Welcome to our site and it looks like your off to a good start. What do you mainly fish for. I myself mainly fish for Trout, Striped Bass, and Bluefish.

When you got started, you really got started!

Welcome to the forum.

Well thank you everyone! The port kits we have started are the chocolate raspberry, chocolate orange and a blackberry port...the brand escapes me. It does seem like a lot to start with, but with my sisters help we've got a good teacher, she's been making wine and mead for 10 years now.We fish the Great Lakes and connecting waterways for walleye, perch and salmon. We usually can be found on Lake Erie, the Detroit River or Lake St. Clair. Finally, the hive of scum and villainy would be Detroit. We don't actually live in city, but the suburbs to the north. Thank you for the warm welcome.

Since you seem to like ports very much, maybe you should consider the straight port from Mosti Mondiale called La Bodega Port. When fortified with 2 to 3 bottles of brandy, it really comes out well.

Since you seem to like ports very much, maybe you should consider the straight port from Mosti Mondiale called La Bodega Port. When fortified with 2 to 3 bottles of brandy, it really comes out well.

We do like the ports, my wife and I also enjoy the lighter sweet wines as well. We're splitting the three port kits we have between my sister, a friend of mine and ourselves, but I am considering the straight port you suggested as well. We're also in the planning process of making a small wine cellar in one empty corner of the basement.

Welcome to a great forum Vineswinger.. I am about ready to bottle my second batch of Choc Rasberry and my first of the Blackberry.. Good luck with yours mine came out great..

First racking later on today

I checked the sg this morning, day 14 of the Orchard Breezin blackberry merlot process, and it's right at .998. Time to rack and then dump the yeast slurry into our first batch of skeeter pee! Right after we have to clean the primary bucket out for the white chocolate port kit that will be going in!

This hobby is certainly interesting and laid back, we were talking and planning out which wines we would be doing after the port and skeeter pee are out of the primary fermenting buckets. We like the mist style wines for summertime sipping, so my wife is leaning towards something with cranberry or pomegranite in it while I think I want to do a white or an ice wine. We did find a Orchard Breezin spiced plum pinot noir kit that will find it's way into being made soon as we like spiced or mulled wines a lot. Well, on to racking and de-gassing!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back