Hello from Philadelphia Suburbs

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenks829

Reaction score
My name is Mark and I live just outside of Philadelphia in Horsham Township. I am new to winemaking this year and decided to jump right in with a couple of friends and make wine from grapes. I've been brewing beer for about a year and a half so that gave me the confidence (potentially false) to skip the kits and go straight to fresh grapes. We purchased Merlot grapes from Yakima Valley, WA and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes from Lake County, CA.

Welcome aboard!! I have always used fresh grapes when making wine - i just never invested in the kits - not that they are bad - i just enjoy picking/crushing/pressing the grapes.

Hi Mark,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. Glad to see another PA'er.

hello Mark and welcome to the forum..

don't mind JohnT.. he and I are listening to the rolling stones in the corner..

Allie

Welcome to the forum, Mark, sit down, read a little and you can probably learn a lot. The people on here are pretty knowledgable and willing to share their knowledge. Arne

My name is Mark and I live just outside of Philadelphia in Horsham Township. I am new to winemaking this year and decided to jump right in with a couple of friends and make wine from grapes. I've been brewing beer for about a year and a half so that gave me the confidence (potentially false) to skip the kits and go straight to fresh grapes. We purchased Merlot grapes from Yakima Valley, WA and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes from Lake County, CA.
Welcome.
I'm just over the river in NJ. You have a good store near you in Montgomeryvill

Great... Another Eagles fan....

Just kidding....

Welcome aboard.

haha. Not really an Eagles fan. I watch my football on Saturdays

Welcome.
I'm just over the river in NJ. You have a good store near you in Montgomeryvill

Yes! Keystone Homebrew is my go-to shop. I don't know if I should thank them or blame them for all of this!

Welcome

Welcome Jenks829! Another PAer and glad to see you. These Guys and Gals know their stuff. I am kinda new here also and I have learned so much already.. Great place to learn. Again welcome!

Welcome! Ill have to check out the spot in montgomeryville I bought my equipment from wine hops and barley in feasterville. Nice little shop

Back