Hello from Navarre Beach, FL

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffro59

Junior
Reaction score
February 2014 - Just moved back to my FL hometown after 10 years in WV, although working in the DC area. There are two retailers for beer and wine supplies up north that I frequented (I prefer making wine, of course), but seems there is only one retailer in the NW FL panhandle, The Shady Lady (Pensacola, FL). Shady Lady prices listed online are a lot higher (for typical equipment) than those I enjoyed at Valley Homebrew (Winchester, VA), and The Flying Barrel (Frederick, MD). Are there not any other retailers around here? Doesn't anybody get into winemaking down here? :)

Maybe it's time to stir up the competition and start a new business here, eh?

Hope to hear from other local Floridians...

Welcome to WMT. If the prices are that much higher, you might want to consider purchasing online, we have a a bunch of sponsors located in the Sponsor List, check them out, they usually run some sort of specials on a regular basis.

I guess I'm whining about the cost of bottles, from $13 case to $19...carboys are a lot more down here, but then I have enough already. Everything else can be ordered and shipped, so it's really not such a big deal. I'll still visit my newest retailer...it is what it is!

Back