Hello From Houston Tx

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soatman

Junior
Reaction score
Hello
Thanks for having this set up a place were one can find information and ask questions about Wine. Thanks Again.

I am not much of a forum/blog person but I am here to get insight from others and learn more about making Mead. Funny you know I design web site but not to into talking on the net. LOL

I started making mead a few months ago. I have been doing real good and things are working really well and people love what I am making. One is called MidNite Mead the other is MoonLite Mead. I like to work at night.

The Midnite mead has a little molasses for flavoring and adds a little more color. Also the yeast love it. I only use about 6 oz per 5 gallon but the time in fermenting is cut down compared to not using it, which is the MoonLite Mead.

I am now working on really understanding more of the different parts of the process. Or actually the different issues with the process. The ph and acidity and the Sulfates. I have been learning about all the different types of chemicals that can be used and why you may need to use them and other way to work with out using them.

My future plans are to get a Winery Permit in the next year or so, so I can sell my Mead and make some good money.

Mead is a drink for the gods and I want to bring it back!

Welcome to the forum soatman. Good luck with your winery permit and mead selling plans. Sounds like an interesting venture.

Welcome fellow Houstonian.

I have been thinking about making some mead. Where have you been getting your honey? I have looked around for a local source after reading about how much fake honey is out there.

Thanks

Thanks everyone for a nice welcome.

I do have a question, I posted it in the newbies hydrometer section.

Wine Making Discussion Forums > Beginners Area > Beginners Wine Making Forum
> how to use a hydrometer for newbies.

If any one can help with this I would be very thanks full.

Welcome fellow Houstonian.

I have been thinking about making some mead. Where have you been getting your honey? I have looked around for a local source after reading about how much fake honey is out there.

I have been using the honey from Sam's SueBee clover honey. None of the locals bee keepers have that much honey to sell in volume.

Latest posts

Back