Hello from E. Liverpool, OH

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWino

Reaction score
I just found this forum today and it looks like there is a lot of valuable information out there. I have been making wine for many years now and I am always looking for information and ideas to improve my wine.

Welcome to the forum, Mr. Wino. Always good to have another Buckeye on the board. What wines do you make? Do you have anything going at present?

Welcome to the forum. I'm just a few miles up the river in Beaver.

I buy my juice from Luva Bella. It is the best I have found for juice, supplies and thier winery/restaurant is excellant. I have been getting Chilean juice (Malbec & Carmenerre) from them in the spring as well as California juices in the fall. This year I also got some concord and niagara from Chalet Debonne, in Lake County Ohio, since Luva Bella does not sell it.

Rocky
Right now I have about 50 gallons of wine in various stages. I have Niagara, Concord, Cabernet/ Merlo, Old Vine Zin, Reiseling, Carmenerre and Malbec. I will be botteling the Niagara next week. I had to reduce the acid in it with acid reducing crystals and that takes 30 days in cold storage. I have a fairly large supply of finished reds that I have been drinking and some reds that are aging with oak added to them. I recently opened a gallon of cabernet that I had added oak and tannins to in September it and it had a much better flavor than the same wine that was not oaked.

Mike
Do you know of any winemakers clubs in the area? I found one in Wierton last year but it was a little too far to drive to.

I don't know of any clubs, per se, but there are several of us in the Western Pa area who get together occasionally to socialize and share our wines and stories. Runningwolf, Julie, djrockinsteve, almargita, rodo and ffemt128 are the ones who immediately come to mind. Anyone is welcome to join in. I did last January.

Not to mention the Ohio/PA gathering planned for March at L'uva Bella. I'm wondering if they have big area to accommodate all of us? :r

Let me know when maybe I can make the trip. Plus and excuse to pick up another kit.

Correct me I'm wrong but I believe they get the shipment of South American Juices in on the 15 (or so) of March. I think that 1st weekend that happens would be good.

Back