Hello evryone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plmac

Junior
Reaction score
Cheers from Chico, Calif.

I have been searching the forum and found most of what I was looking for, what a great source of information. Thank you to all the contributors.

Welcome let us know what you didn't find and someone here should be able to help or point you in the right direction

Welcome

Enjoy the obsession. I know just enough to be the fountain of mis-information.
The good people here keep me on track, just ask prior to commitment and I think you will see quick responses by knowledgeable friendly people.

Welcome! Let us know if you have any other questions. Someone is bound to be able to answer.

Welcome aboard!!!

What are you making or have made?

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I have been brewing beer (all grain)for a couple years and just wanted to do something different so I started a batch of Welche's white grape and raspberry frozen concentrate (two Gallon batch)on 10/16, to kinda test the waters of wine making. First impressions are it is much easier than brewing beer. Original S.G. was 1.096, today 10/18 S.G. is 1.060 temp. is 70deg. so the yeast are having a feast. I do have a question.
In all my reading Here and other places some how I got the idea you should always add Campden tabs at 1 per gallon in the must. So I didadd two tabs for my 2gallon batch. Then I read the concentrate already has preservative in it, the same ?????bisulfite thats in campden tabs. The question I have is will this give the finished wine a off flavor?

If it had some sulfite in it already you could have stunned the yeast by adding more (keep an eye on fermentation progress) but as for off flavor, no other than you may detect the sulfite if you have a sensitive nose.

The question I have is will this give the finished wine a off flavor?

Hello and welcome to the forum.. lots of information.. Have fun!

Latest posts

Back