Has anyone else had trouble with Red Star Champagne yeast?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MY LHBS gets it fresh and keeps it in a controled fridege.

Whatever the reason RS Cahmp just doesn't like me.

Thats all. I was just wondering if it was just me or if anyone else has had troubele with this particular strain.

Guess its just me.

no, i've had it happen atleast 4 times with red star, but we order online alot and who knows exactly how it was handled. that said, we order both of them from the same vendor and the lalvin just seems to be more tolerant. the d47 was the first lalvin to fail me.

It is just you Troy, the yeast knows your not going to let it in grapes to play

koda, you are misunderstanding me. i didn't say i had trouble getting it to ferment in the must!!!!!

I said i could even begin to get it started as a STARTER!!

What I said is two different fermenting questions.

Troy

Sorry Troy
I misunderstood the question.. I thought it was just the champagne yeast. i have had red star montracet that would not and never did take off had to end up using ec 1118.:slp

Troy (while looking with your good eye) check out the avatar under my screen name. Thats a grape cluster :D

Did you win an award for that cluster or the wine made from it? Tell us a story please!

That is a cluster from my cayuga vines that I turned in to my county fair in 2004. The ribbons are for the grapes and for garlic that I also turned in for judging.

The next year(2005) I sent in a bottle of wine(from the same grapes) to the winemaker mag. competition and got a bronze medal for my effort.Not too bad for a wine made from the first harvest from the vines.

Thanks Wade. I hope to hear a similar story from your efforts with your currant bushes in the near future too.

Latest posts

Back