WineXpert Happy customer tonight & getting a LE Pacific Quartet

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been eyeing the WE Pacific Quartet LE 2013 kit since they were announced. At the time, I could only justify one kit so I went with a red. I have been regretting not ordering both ever since.
Long story short(er), they are shipping this month and I found some listed online. I tried to order from the less expensive place in S. FL which is also a home brew shop. They were only $10 less and have a rather bad rep but I thought I'd try.
EPIC FAIL! I won't go into detail, but I am not happy and feel that I was not only mislead online, but also over the phone.
After no resolve with the first place, I called the 2nd place this evening. Labelpeelers.com. I felt like my business was important right from the start. He had me at Hello. ;)

I have ordered from Labelpeelers.com before and had no problems but this sealed the deal. I spoke with Matt, the owner and he was so professional and personable. I sure wish I could meet him, i know we would be friends.
He assured me he had over 30 extras in stock and was also able to split a payment into 2 cards. (I had a Visa gift card I wanted to use but it didn't cover the total cost.) I had the confirmation in my mail before I even got off the phone.

With over 35 yrs in retail, I know most people are real quick to pull the trigger when they get service that stinks, but few take the time to say 'Nice job" so I just had to post this.

Nice job Matt @ Labelpeelers.com! You have a happy customer.

I just got done ordering my next kit from BevArt. I decided to get the WE LE2013 Pacific Quartet.

Last edited:
Just finished bottling mine... Tastes great now. Kinda like an off dry riesling with a hint of gewurztraminer. Its going to be a great pool side summer wine, if it ever gets warm here!

My LHBS told me this is the same wine as the LE they had a few years back called Pacifca or Pacifico or something. Mine is going to be cleared this weekend. Started it about 40 days ago, will bottle in June.

Pacific Quartet is different from the Pacifica. Not as sweet IMHO

cheers

I want to start both of my kits and have them going at the same time.

This means I either have to get one of my 6 gallon batches bottled so that I can use the carboy, or order another 6 gallon carboy.

I know which one I should do. I also know which one I'll probably end up doing!

I want to start both of my kits and have them going at the same time.

This means I either have to get one of my 6 gallon batches bottled so that I can use the carboy, or order another 6 gallon carboy.

I know which one I should do. I also know which one I'll probably end up doing!

I can't see a better reason for another 6 gal. After all, if you're going to do a side-by-side, they have to be side-by-side. :) No reason to wake the bulk aging one.

I only have one so I am limited on my startups. I have yet to actually get anywhere close to six gallons in the end so I usually rack down to a 5 gal, which I have plenty of.

All my Spring break visitors are FINALLY gone. Now I can start mine today.

Jeri, what yeasts are you going to use for your batches? I have decided on D47. It looks like it will be good for this multi-varital and give a little sweetness. "An excellent choice for dry whites, blush wines and residual sugar wines." according to Lavlin.

Lori,

So far, I'm leaning towards D47 but I want to check a couple of other things.

I racked mine from the primary today. I did use D47. It's very citrusy so far and really pale.
How is everyone else's coming along? Did anyone change yeast or add any tweaks?

I cleared yesterday. I found I was able to use all of the 500ml I removed for the F-pack, but it's like 2" below the bung on an Italian glass carboy. Also didn't follow directions exact, we always stir for two minutes 4 every 15 minutes to get everything mixed real well.

I racked mine from the primary today. I did use D47. It's very citrusy so far and really pale.
How is everyone else's coming along? Did anyone change yeast or add any tweaks?

Mine is in primary right now. I did change yeast but cant remember which one it was. My supplier recommended it and said it was so new it wasn't on the product list for them yet but I cant remember the number and threw out the package. Ill have to call and ask him what it was again. LOL

Description from grapestoglass.com

Product Description

Lalvin QA 23 is used for producing wines with a fruity aroma.

Portuguese strain used for fruity white wines. Enhances the aroma in varietals like Muscat, Sauvignon blanc and Gewurztraminer. QA23 will not give structure to a wine, but it truly excels at focusing the fruit either alone or as part of a blend. Strong fermentation rate and it’s alcohol tolerant to 16%. Fermentation temperature range from 50 to 90 degrees.

That sounds like a good choice and will work well with the quartet. Big fruit is what I'm hoping for. D47 has similar traits.
It's going to be cool to hear all the different results we get. I think Jeri is subbing yeast on at least one of her kits.

Back