Greetings!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonD

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all,

Greetings from beautiful Cape Breton Island on Canada's east coast. I am new to the forum, obviously, and also very new to wine making. I bought my wife wine making equipment this past Christmas, and I have been doing all the work (haha). The funny part about it is that I never liked wine until I started making it back in January, now I love the stuff.

I have been making kits from WineExpert and they are quite delicious. I can't build up enough stock to let any really age between giving bottles away and having friends over sampling the delicious awesomeness. Although we have an Australian Shiraz aging for a month now and only drank a couple bottles from that supply.

Didn't take long before we had a second carboy, and now kits 4 and 5 will be ready to bottle in 2 weeks. Liebfraumilch and a white zinfandel. I have been going non stop! I like to think I'm learning fairly quick, and haven't had any problems yet (knock on wood).

I'm off to browse the forum some more and maybe learn some more things, and try to chime in when I can to help others.

Cheers,
Jason
:b

Welcome !

Looks like you are on your way to an OBSESSION ! :d

Welcome Jason! If you want to stock up you need to make more at once! Tom here has 20 carboys aging right now and fresh Chilean juice coming in very soon. I have 6 carboys ready to bottle, 2 just started a few weeks ago with the Chilean grapes coming in a few weeks. You see the point. Glad to have you aboard and feel free to ask any questions.

Wade,

Less than that now.

Been busy bottling.. :b

Welcome to WMT. Soon you find yourself on here 24x7 and looking for more equipment.

Go easy on the stuff. Let it age and improve!

We need some more peoples from the desert Southwest! :d

Dadblastic LDS........

JK, Welcome aboard Jason!

I agree with you, never cared for wine before I starting making my own. So far my Wild Blueberry is my favorite and Dago Red a close second. P.S. I forgot, Skeeter Pee ranks right up there

Latest posts

Back