Green Wine (Kits)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pracz

Reaction score
So...

I started back at this hobby after a 10 year hiatus. My first foray was not much of an attempt, I must say. At any rate, I have 3 kits going (2 Renaissance, 1 RJS Cru Select) and a 4th to be started very soon (CC Select Zin). Two kits are now in bulk aging and a 3rd to be stabilized and fined this weekend. I tasted two of them after racking off the fines. They tasted okay. It is hard to explain but they tasted processed. I assume that is the "green" to which most refer. There are hints of the varietal, but that's about it. Now I know that is to be expected at this young age. However, I wanted to get some honest opinions here. Can I really expect these wines to taste vastly different in 6-9 months? I want to keep going with this so I have a constant supply of quality wine but I am a little nervous at this point...

I know that this is very open ended and based on personal taste, but I am hoping for some help from the experts out there. What experience have you all had with the taste changing dramatically after the ample amount of wait time?

Thanks for your input!!!

Pete

Latest posts

Back