RJ Spagnols green apple gewurtztraminer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackie

Reaction score
I just bottled the Orchard Breezin Green Apple Gewurtztraminer. I had a little leftover and tried it. It's awesome. I'm not a big fan of sweet wines but this wasn't "sickeningly sweet" like some mist type wines I've tried.I didn't add extra sugar or add part of thefpack to the primary. It was lightly sweet and very refreshing in this veryhot weather. A nice change of pace from beer (I make that too). I was happy with the Summer Breeze Green Apple Riesling but I must say this one is better. Great aroma too.

I'm thinking the new CranApple Chard should be good too (the cranapple should keep it from being overly sweet just as the green apple does).

Jackie, glad to hear how good it is. I have some in a carboy that I am getting ready to bottle in a few days, John.

I also have this bottled from about 3 months ago and as usual I bumped thye abv up to around 10% on this one.

runningwolf said:
ummmm, I'd like to hear more how this tastes going forward. This sounds like something I might like to make.

The one I made some time back was excellen with a citrusy, grapefruity finish

Latest posts

Back