RJ Spagnols Grand Cru International???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyK68

Reaction score
Has anyone made or tried any of these? I was fortunate enough to try the Primitivo tonight, and I have to say its amazing. I can not believe this is a 12L kit and is priced so right. I have made a few Grand Crus in the past, and this was nothing like them. I guess the dried grape skins really add alot, as this was alot fuller more complex wine then any Grand Cru I ever tried. I could not believe the finish on this wine was coming from a smaller kit. If I sound amazed by it, I am. I was just wondering if they are all this good.

I have the Primitivo as my next kit, buyt I don't recall any grape skins in the box.

Pete the Grand Cru International will come with dried grape skins. There is a bag sitting under the bag of juice. Only reason I know is the person who had the wine I tried, has another kit sitting there ready to make and he showed it to me. I have to call George in a week or so and get this one ordered for sure. Take your juice bag out, you will see the grape skins. Also you will be very happy with this kit. I have not tried alot of bigger kits, but I have tried alot of commercial wine both high and low end, and I think this might be one of the best wines I have ever tried. I know its alot better then any of the Cru Select kits I have made in the past and was without a doubt better then and of the WE Selection kits I have made or tried. I cant say enough good about it. It was made exactly to directions too.

The grape skins under the juice bag explains it. I have been waiting to start this kit, which is actually for a friend, because my wine making room is about 68F - too cold for fermentation. I got a brew belt from George, but now I might be going out of town on short notice for an extended period of time and I don't want anything not in the bulk aging stage if I go.

You can send it here, I will be glad to help, and I promise to send it back completed minus a few bottles....
smiley17.gif
. After you make and taste this your going to wish it was all yours. I know from posts of yours I read that you have made bigger kits, but trust me this one really seems to drink like one.

I am just getting ready to bottle the Grand Cru Intl Syrah and I have to say that even now it is tasting good. It will most certainly benefit from a little time aging, but I am very happy with the results I've gotten!

btw Johnny, how long has yours been aging? I would love to know what I have to look forward too! :)

Melissa, I just tasted it, I didnt make it. I dont think it was older then 9 months though, and made exactly to the directions. I think I am going to make a few of these kits to produce wines that will be ready in 9 - 12 months to be able to make the bigger kits and allow them to age though. I have heard nothing but good about them wherever I have asked, and after tasting the Primivito, they seem like an awesome product for the price. How old is your syrah that it is tasting good already?

It's brand spanking new. I'm not bulk aging it simply because I am still pretty new at this and I need the carboy! :) I will be bottling it next week after giving it a little extra time to clear, but it really is fresh out of the gate. It still tastes very young...I can smell the kmet in it, but the finish makes me excited about what's to come.

JohnnyK, I have never had a Primitivo, but if I like this kit I will buy another and make it for myself.

Pete I have tried several Primitivos before and this kit was as good if not better then any I have tried.

God I love my wife. She got me a Primitivo & a Grand Cru Petite Syrah for valentines day. I do feel bad though because she bought them from a LHBS and not George. I hate not giving George business, and I hate that I know my wife payed way too much not going to George. Shes didnt know about FVW/TWMTS until I asked her if they came from there, I guess thats kind of my bad.
However, I have the Primitivo in the primary, and all I can say is I can not wait to have 25-30 bottles of this wine of my own.
As far as the Petite Syrah, I really like PS but does anyone have any ideas how I can make this better then just making it to directions?

George knows that my wife is my wife so when she orders something for me she does so by phone and George applies my Grower's Club discount to her order.

Trust me Pete, my wife knows the exact location of this sight now, and all about the GCD. I tried not to be to hard on her she really thought she was doing good. All I did was show her Georges sight and that she can even order online, and not to buy me anything less then a Grand Cru Intnl....LOL. I really do like Petite Syrah, I just am not going to expect all to much out of this one. I have made Grand Crus in the past they are very good for what they are, but I wish she would of found the MM All Juice PS...:)

I bottled a GCI in a Australian Cabernet Sauvignon in August. Yesterday I tried one of my 375ml bottles and it tasted great. I'm sure it will be much bettter in 6 months time.

Bob

Latest posts

Back