Gotta slow down or buy more supplies!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porkskin

Junior
Reaction score
Jus having fun! I started my very first winemaking adventure on Oct 11, 2012 with a 6 gal. Peach Chardonnay kit. Since then, I've started

6 gal California Merlot (secondary)
1 gal Plum(secondary)
1 gal Pineapple(primary)
6 gal Quadberry Skeeter pee(hopefully I will be sipping on this soon) primary

I think I will do a Limited Edition kit next and be patient with it!!

I guess I need to start building a wine rack. I need no less than a 300 bottle capacity. My wife says I seem so excited!! LOL

Triple the wine rack size! I built one almost 450 capacity and now have 60 cases that wont fit on it. Now building 3000 bottle capacity racks.

We seem to have the same bug. It has got to be one of the most fun things that I have ever done and I have a lot of hobbies. You will enjoy the Skeeter P, probably too much. It is kind of awkward because there are people that think that I am just a wino but in all actuality I don't drink that much wine. I have lots of friends that do though! You really don't know how many friends you have, until you start making wine. With very minimal investment I now have somewhere around 38 gallons of wine in carboys.

The absolute best wine rack that I have found and also the best priced can be found at Sam's Club or also on Amazon. It is a stainless steel commercial rack called Seville classics, and it holds 168 bottles. After shipping it is only 100 bucks. It sounds like 2 of those what do you nicely.

What area of the country are you in?

Last edited:
LOL Porkskin, I know the feeling! I started with 6 gallons of Pinot Noir and 6 gallons Pinot Grigio...I now have the following going:

6 gallons Pinot Noir (secondary)
6 gallons Pinot Grigio (secondary)
6 gallons Chianti (secondary)
6 gallons Lambrusco (secondary)
6 gallons Chardonnay (secondary)
6 gallons Amarone (Primary)

And I had to resist the urge to buy a Cru Select Wine Kit (Barolo) today...lol

Latest posts

Back