Got a package today....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whino-wino

Reaction score
I didn't really want to spend any money on another kit right now, but I've been hearing so many positive reviews of the MM Amorone that I just had to get one. Talked my dad into splitting the cost 50/50. It's a funny deal though. I pay half, he pays half, I do all the work and he get's half of the finished product. Oh well. He is my dad and I probably owe him 50,000 times that for all I put him through in my youth...

DSCF0946640x480.jpg

You get to do all the fun stuff though and claim the glory of the great wine!
smiley4.gif

Whino
I been making Amarone for the last 4years. All are "aging" and will not drink any till they are at least 5 years old. I am however thinking of entering a 05 Amarone for WineMakers.
Did the juice come with raisens?. If not consider adding 2# in the primary. I would also do a MLF.

All the wines I've ever made and I've never attempted Malolactic. Might need someone to walk me through that process.

All the literature I've read on it makes it seem a bit daunting. But then again, so did all the winemaking literature before I started....

Time for me to learn something new.

tepe said:
Did the juice come with raisens?.

I was pretty sure it did so I had to go and open it up to make sure.

Yes. Raisins and what looks like heavy toast oak chips.

It's got to wait until the CC Old Vine Zin is done though. No 6 gallon carboys available at the moment (although I do have 2 five gallon carboys and 6 one gallon jugs that are currently doing nothing more than taking up space.)

Amarone will take longer than other juice. I age in carboy for a year.When you start let us know. You might want to get MFL cultures before you start.

I wouldn't recommend attempting MLF with any kit. Plain and simple they are balanced for acid during there manufacture, and wont benefit from it. If for some reason you would want to proceed in that direction anyway, test it for Malic Acid prior to, and see if it is out of range for this kit.

Latest posts

Back