Good recipe for newbies

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfmiller

Reaction score
I plan on buying some wine kits after the beginning of the year, but now I have a one gallon carboy sitting here, and I would like to find a good fruit wine recipe. Any suggestions?

My criteria would be:

-Relatively easy to make.
-Relatively inexpensive
-I have most of the basic equipment, but don't want to buy anything advanced right now.
-The recipes involving Welch's and other store bought juices don't appeal to me that much.
-I don't mind not being able to drink it right away, just want something to start filling up the carboys.

Any suggestions?

Try browsing through the recipe section - there are many good ones there. I've only made blackberry and blueberry and of the two, I prefer the blackberry. Whatever you choose, don't skimp on the fruit.
For something different, you might also want to try a mead - Joe's ancient orange mead is relatively easy and supposedly foolproof. It's in the recipe section as well.

Welcome aboard!!

Fruit might be higher in price right now due to the season.

Apple, Strawberry, and Peach are pretty easy and cheap if you get the fruit in season.

But if you are only doing a gallon - it won't be that big of an expense.

Hi cfmiller,

You can always make a Welch's or Old Orchard concentrates. Old Orchard makes this blueberry/pomegrante concentrate that makes a wine to die for.

I plan on buying some wine kits after the beginning of the year, but now I have a one gallon carboy sitting here, and I would like to find a good fruit wine recipe. Any suggestions?

My criteria would be:

-Relatively easy to make.
-Relatively inexpensive
-I have most of the basic equipment, but don't want to buy anything advanced right now.
-The recipes involving Welch's and other store bought juices don't appeal to me that much.
-I don't mind not being able to drink it right away, just want something to start filling up the carboys.

Any suggestions?

Blackberry Jam Wine. Buy the 16 to 18 ounce jars on sale at Walmart. That makes a killer fruit wine. Its even better when the jam is on sale. Make sure you use jam and NOT jelly.

Latest posts

Back