Going to Pittsburgh next week

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winegirl

Reaction score
Hi all, going to be in Pittsburgh next week, anyone have any wine and brew shops they recommend I stop in to see.
Thanks.

The Consol centre on Mar 5 for the hockey game that night then heading to Philly the next day for hockey game there. I wanted to hit a few stores en route. I'm checking the map now and clicking on the websites. I was just wondering if anyone had any favourites.

The one on Noblestown is larger than the one on Babcock. There is one in Monroeville too. All are owned by same folks.

We may be going to the game ourselves. Maybe we could meet before the game somewhere. I'll have to visit the cellar and dust off a few btls. for you.

I just noticed you're coming in on Monday, March 5th. They are closed on Mondays. Sorry!

The one on Noblestown is larger than the one on Babcock. There is one in Monroeville too. All are owned by same folks.

We may be going to the game ourselves. Maybe we could meet before the game somewhere. I'll have to visit the cellar and dust off a few btls. for you.
My husband and daughter are actually going to the game, they have good seats and where I'm not a big hockey fan, I couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a seat for me, I'd rather put it towards wine making. I am going to watch the one in Philly, we have nose bleed seats there, so not so bad price wise. Thanks very much for the offer though Steve.

I just noticed you're coming in on Monday, March 5th. They are closed on Mondays. Sorry!
No prob Mike, but thanks anyway. I've marked all the ones on 'The Map' that will be on our route. I'm going to have to check all the hours out so I can hopefully catch a few of them.

I've noticed that quite a few wine stores are closed on Monday, but we really won't have too much time to kill then, but maybe on Tuesday on our way to Philly, I'll be able to hit at least one, then on our way back home on Wednesday, we won't be on a time limit, so I'm making a list of places to stop into. We'll be leaving before 11:30 on Tuesday, and I see that's when the store you recommended opens. I'm hoping to pick up some different bottles too for things like skeeter pee, something that I can't get around home.

Steve what about Consumers on the strip. Is that a decent place worth going to that opens early. Good price on bottles? Our sponsor "Presque Isle Wine Cellars" is right inside of PA very close to I90. Check out their web site.

Latest posts

Back