Ginger Rhubarb wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wangotango1

Junior
Reaction score
Video of the making of this improv wine that is turning out pretty darn well so far. Since I'm a big fan of Ginger and Rhubarb and have made some kick butt Jam from combining the 2, it only made sense that this year I'd try to replicate the flavors in a wine. Cheers, Steve

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXEZLFqTfNY[/ame]

Interesting recipe. Can you post the actual recipe in a post or is it posted in text someplace? Copying text from the video is a bit of a pain. thanks.

That was a very good Rhubarb wine video. I just made a 1 gallon Rhubarb/Pear wine I hope mine is as clear as yours.

Chrisjw, just pause the video... It's pretty simple. I would email it to ya, but I had too much fun typing it into a video. BWAAAAHAAAA Can't wait to sweeten this puppy up. Maybe to 1.005- 1.008

Cheers! Steve

That wine sounds wonderful I like ginger. I have several new plants on second year hope to use them next year, I wonder what that recipe would be like with limes instead on of lemons I really like lime. Looking foward to the tasting of the ginger rhubarb wine video

I'm sure lime would work fine. As for the color, I like the way it turned out, but I'm wondering if I hadn't used some brown sugar how clear it would've been. I really like the little bit of depth the brown sugar gives though... just a little.

How is your ginger rhubarb wine going. Can I ask you about my rhubarb.planted 4 plants last spring from those boxes you can get. They flowered really early this spring. Later I was told to cut so I did it continued to grow flowers. One plant looks ok to use I think. Not much pink. My brother only uses his in the spring can I use it during the summer or is it taste better in spring.does my plant look good.
Sorry Lotta questions, as my daughter says I just wanta know.

1404996559197.jpg

Sorry, I missed this. I will no longer be using this forum for posting. I have the same thread on Winepress.US I've had an issue with a moderator stating opinion as fact and while I wouldn't have a problem with an opinion, facts, when it comes to recipe's are up to the makers taste. Especially in this hobby. Have fun with the rhubarb and keep cutting those flower heads off.

Back