Ghetto Wine Storage Contest, Anyone?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xandra

Reaction score
Anybody up for a contest as to whose wine storage facility is the most ghetto? LOL!!!! Here's my entry!!

All in fun, of course, right? Hey, we do what we gotta do in pursuit of the things we pursue ;)

IMAG0212.jpg

Mine's not ghetto. Mine's redneck. Goat fence and turn buckles. I need to take an after photo of it now with wine bottles in it!

100_1022.jpg

actually, thanks for posting that dave...about a year ago i did a 1000 feet of a custom fence for a nature preserve....I used 4 x 8 heavy heavy fencing with 4 1/2 squares....pic attached.
I could use that for a nice rack..and store about 300 bottles for about 50 bucks...is this the same stuff you used.

20120618_085919.jpg

Yes. The one I built was under my basement stairs. Two pieces of fencing spaced about 6" apart and about an inch from the wall. I eventually added some small 6" turn buckles to keep the spacing across the middle. I'll try to get a current picture in the next few days...if the white death doesn't get me!

white death...i think that means snow...right.....I just saw on the news that you fixing to get a bunch...stay warm.....

I love that fencing idea, think I could easily work with that concept in my garage bedroom. Awesome because I could do floor to ceiling and not really take up a lot of the space in there. Turnbuckles are a great idea. Thank you!!!!

Xanda, most of the folks are using goat panels purchased at Tractor Supply. Makes a great rack at a reasonable cost. I saw an entire wine room made from them in a very expensive house on HGTV. They decked it out with beautiful trim.

Xandra, I really think we all outta run over to your place and help you get rid of that wine before it succumes to the cascading wine bottle syndrome. At least support the sides somehow, lol, Arne.

I was thinking the same thing when I first saw it. I don't think that vinegar bottle is going to hold it up!

Like any ghetto wine rack, it's probably sturdier than it looks...hopefully.

I'd put those bottles in cases upside down and stack the two cases (not on their side read to fall), much safer.

I don't know if this qualifies me as a redneck or gettho, but hey, anything for the "craft". The first is a little cooler I stole from my employees break room, savings in a cheese cave: $750.00. The second are my husband's weights that I stole from our basement, savings in a cheese press $1,250.00 (being able to have total control of weight and pressure on cheese, priceless), and the last is a book case used as a temporary wine rack until I expand the one on the right.

cheesecave2.jpg

cheese press.jpg

wine rack.jpg

Latest posts

Back