getting a 10 poundCO2 cylinder filled

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotty

Reaction score
I live about 80 miles north of tampa florida near crystal river. I can not seem to locate someone to fill a 10 pound CO2 cylinder that i just purchased.

I have contacted a few AIRGAS dealers and they exchange 5 pound and 20 pound cylinders but for some reason not 10 pounders.

i really need help on this one. </span>

How about a wine and beer supply store, they usually exchange C02 tanks and 10 is a more common one with them.

Sadly none of the HBS fill tanks around here that we are aware of, maybe the Pantry but that is a drive for you. Hubby did get a fill at a fire extinguisher place, but that was near his office in downtown Tampa, again a bit of a drive but perhaps there is one local to you. He ended up buying a tank at Airgas and just exchanging as needed and when he needs the beer gas blend he has to call ahead. The 10 pounders are not common (according to Airgas) so they have/are phasing them out. The Airgas on Tampa West Blvd seems to have a clue more so then other places so they maybe able to offer suggestions of a more local place.

Mine dont either, they just exchange tanks. Thats why I never bought a nice new shiny tank!

We have one HBS that will sell the set up but (and it has been a while since we've been there) will direct you to a paint ball place to fill and get refills on tanks. No exchanges. The Airgas location is also much closer.

vcasey said:
Sadly none of the HBS fill tanks around here that we are aware of, maybe the Pantry but that is a drive for you. Hubby did get a fill at a fire extinguisher place, but that was near his office in downtown Tampa, again a bit of a drive but perhaps there is one local to you. He ended up buying a tank at Airgas and just exchanging as needed and when he needs the beer gas blend he has to call ahead. The 10 pounders are not common (according to Airgas) so they have/are phasing them out. The Airgas on Tampa West Blvd seems to have a clue more so then other places so they maybe able to offer suggestions of a more local place.

i may have to drive to rampa-- i like the panty any how--maybe ill call but it might be cheaper just to buy a 5 gallon tank instead of gas and food for a trip to tampa--i guess ill hit the telephone monday
thanks folks

Scotty give Southern Brewing in Tampa a call. Since they distribute most of the raw supply to the local craft breweries they maybe able to help and they are closer.

Latest posts

Back