Cellar Craft GET ER DONE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After racking to glass I am seeing some renwed activity in the airlock. It could be just naturally degassingso I will give it a couple more days and check DG again before i procede.

Final SG was 1.032 and she has been properly stabilized, degassed and is now entering the clearing stage with a dose of Super Kleer . The boquet and current taste gives me hopes of this one turning out really, really good.
I will let it set for a few days and then rack to a clean carboy and add my oak.

IMG_5126.jpg

Thats a decent RS for a Port, does the Black Currant come through nice?

Not any Currant in this one wade. It is a blended Orchard Breezin Blackberry Merlot and a Cellar Craft Porto Corinto.

I was wondering the same thing as the kit description says;
Classic ruby port infused with flavourful black currant

I had not even noticed that..so wade, to answer your question, I cannot detect any Blck Currant in either boquet or taste. The Blackberry overwhelmed it I guess.It may move forward at is ages some. We' just have to wait and see.

CajunJay's got my back!!!!!!!!!! Hehehe, This definitely still sounds interesting.

Waldo, that looks so rich and delicious!!! Let us know how this turns out!!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

I am hoping that as it ages it will impart some of that Black Currant flavor but not so much as to hinder the Blackberry..just compliment it

Racked my Port off the sediment this morning and must say it ended up being a challenge as I was confronted with a problem I have never experienced before. I use a 3/8" auto siphon and when I got it out of storage ( I always seperate the pieces for storage) and got it washed and sanitized The pieces just would not go back toghether. I tried soaking both ends in hot water and still would not work. I actually ended up bending the siphon tube and tearing the rubber trying to get them together. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

IMG_5135.jpg

Anyway, I ended up just siphoning it and got it transferred and added my brandy for fortifying and two oak spirals and it is now all wrapped up and bulk aging .
IMG_5136.jpg

Hey Waldo, you put that black end into the open tube end
smiley4.gif

Seriously though, I did have a hard time gettig it to go in once or twice. I don't remember what the cause was in the end but it was something fairly simple once I figured it out. Anybody help Waldo out?

My auto siphon is the same as yours(the smaller one) but havent had any problems as of yet and its 2 1/2 years old but I also leave them stored together. I only separate them to clean them and then put them back together.

Waldo, After reading some of the things you do with kits, .... is this the first time documented that you followed instructions?
smiley2.gif

Jay

CajunJay said:
Waldo, After reading some of the things you do with kits, .... is this the first time documented that you followed instructions?
smiley2.gif

Jay

Wasn't the kit I was followin intructions on Cajun, it was the auto siphon which the instructions say to seperate the pieces for storage

Got egg all over my face on this one.
smiley9.gif
George had asked me to send the auto siphon to him as he had never seen that problem so I sent it to him and he called me yesterday to let me know he had figured out the problem. My receiving or outsidetube was indeed from my 3/8" auto siphon but the siphon tube I was trying to jam in there was from my old 1/2" auto siphon. And George was still going to send me a new replacement 3/8" auto siphon..What a guy !!!

Latest posts

Back