German wine making supplies

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scforbis

Junior
Reaction score
I am an American living in Germany and now getting into wine making. Does anybody have any experience with Vierka or Vina wine making supplies? They are readily available from the garden stores but can be elusive because of names and traditions. I have recently purchased a 30L plastic Drink keg with attachments for airlock to use as a primary, One10L Glass Carboy and two 5l glass jugs. I also purchased a few varieties of Vierka yeast, ONEWE tablets (Campden X2), hydrometer, thermometer,straining bag and some other misc supplies. I am looking forward to getting started on my first batch and have been doing a lot of research and translation to figure out what everything is.

I would like to know if anyone has any good tips for Vierka or Vina products. Vierka has something like 24 different varieties of yeasts available which is pretty cool. They also deliver to my house in 2 days.

scforbis, welcome to the forum. I have never heard of either of those. Perhaps you could post a link to them so others who may know about the equipment your talking about could respond.

I originally had hyperlinks in my post but they where blocked to prevent SPAM since I am new here....

vireka.de

vina-reinhefen.de

thank you for the welcome. I have been reading a lot of posts and learning a lot in here.

You might be better of looking on another forum for that info. There is a UK wine forum which hopefully Cpfan will pop in and give the link as I cant find it now.

Jack Keller has descriptions of Vierka yeasts strains. I never heard of the other one.

I appreciate all of the replies. I started my first 10liter batch this weekend. I crushed 7kg of grocery store red grapes with 2kg of red currents and 600g of blueberries testerday. I thought the currents would help add some tartness to the sweet grapes. I made a yeast starter with Burgandy yeast the day before in some grape juice. Today I plan to mix in the sugar, water and pitch the yeast.

vierka

Hi Sc
After lots of searching I managed to find the old Vierka Wine Book. I haven't seen it for years. I don't think it is still in print but I believe you can still find a copy on Amazon. I've enclosed a pdf. file of the centre pages. I hope it's readable and understandable. One thing though, it's Imperial gallons not USA. Let me know if you find it useful.
Regards to all, Winemanden. :b

View attachment IMG5.pdf

Thanks for posting the chart. I actually ordered the Vierka book in English from their website. It is a bit outdated, but it has some specific information about their products. My wine seems to be doing great. I have a 10 liter batch of free run wine from store bought Spanish red grapes,Johannesberries and blueberries. I was also able to get a 5 liter batch from the pressed juice by adding some 100 percent grape juice. Both look, taste and smell like they are doing good. I have a bunch of apples that I want to make a hard cider with next.

Back