general question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reisjdmd

Reaction score
i really l ike this forum, but like many winemakers, i also visit other wine fora [i think that is plural for forum, but i will bow to an expert in latin].
does anyone know if anything happened to www.winepress.us? my browser cannot log on to that site or some reason.

the story is that it is undergoing needed up grades

ps fora is indeed the latin form of plurality....forums is accepted as the english version...both work,......most reading would not get 'fora'

having hosted my own network for several years....maintaining one can be a challenge...usually however the 'mirror' is a saving grace

it pays to have a tech on call or contract....they usually have you back in hours

Actually now that I think about it, I'm not sure if Joel said it was a mirror or one of the raid array drives. Usually with a raid array, the server can continue to function with one down, it just rebuilds the files on the fly. Whatever it is, they have some serious issues.

I have enough problems with maintenance of my own in my office - 3 servers, three workstations, tied into the house with it's four computers, cable internet and a wireless laptop to boot. The funny thing is I am the only one in the office- just a bit of overkill, but I love redundancy.

this discussion is both appreciated and problematic.now there is one more reason tolook forward to x-mas eve. however, i am again reminded of my troglodytic status vis a vis the technological age. thanks to all.

Latest posts

Back