Fresco juice buckets through MLF?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geek

Still lost.....
Reaction score
This "Chile Fresco" juice is way more around $90 compared to the Toro Negro buckets I've bought in the past for ~$52.
They are pre-innoculated and balanced for PH/TA.

If this Fresco is pre-balanced, does anyone know if MLF is fine to do?

I always hear that kit are NOT to be put through MLF because they're pre-balanced, so I wonder if the same rule applies to this Fresco line.

http://www.mostimondiale.com/index.php/en/fresh-juice/chile-fresco

Thanks.

These are not really like a kit wine. They are more like a juice pail. When they say they have been balanced it means they have looked at the TA and made adjustments (tartaric) if necessary. It should be OK to do MLF. I would touch base with whomever you purchase from just to confirm though.

ha, we posted at the same time....lol

Ever heard of that yeast Mike?

This "Chile Fresco" juice is way more around $90 compared to the Toro Negro buckets I've bought in the past for ~$52.
They are pre-innoculated and balanced for PH/TA.

If this Fresco is pre-balanced, does anyone know if MLF is fine to do?

I always hear that kit are NOT to be put through MLF because they're pre-balanced, so I wonder if the same rule applies to this Fresco line.

http://www.mostimondiale.com/index.php/en/fresh-juice/chile-fresco

Thanks.
Hey geek, how did those toro negro buckets turn out for you.?. My juice supplier will only have the toro negro brand this year.. What was the best red ?. I'm going to try cab/ merlot blend, a malbec, and pino Grigio for a white.. Your thoughts on these juice pails?.. Thk u ,, kendo

Hey geek, how did those toro negro buckets turn out for you.?. My juice supplier will only have the toro negro brand this year.. What was the best red ?. I'm going to try cab/ merlot blend, a malbec, and pino Grigio for a white.. Your thoughts on these juice pails?.. Thk u ,, kendo

I placed the order for the Fresco Chilean juice and have not received it yet.
I paid close to $90, way higher compared to the Toro Negro, as I wanted to give it a try.

I placed the order for the Fresco Chilean juice and have not received it yet.
I paid close to $90, way higher compared to the Toro Negro, as I wanted to give it a try.

So you didn't make the toro negro ? Or you did? If u did was it good?:D

I haven't done anything yet as the vendor has not received their chilean products. I will though make the Fresco and not Toro Negro this time.

So you didn't make the toro negro ? Or you did? If u did was it good?:D

I haven't done anything yet as the vendor has not received their chilean products. I will though make the Fresco and not Toro Negro this time.

I'm geek ,, you said you did toro negro?? Or am I not reading your post correct all I'm asking was IT GOOD?????!!!?!!

I've done Toro Negro in the past but not this year.
I think it was as good as any "regular" juice bucket. I HIGHLY recommend adding a fresh grape pack to the bucket and if red put it through MLF.

I've done Toro Negro in the past but not this year.
I think it was as good as any "regular" juice bucket. I HIGHLY recommend adding a fresh grape pack to the bucket and if red put it through MLF.

Can't ad any grapes to the bucket,,, what was your favorite from toro negro? .. Did you do a malbec or cab sauv???.. Thk u geek, bill

Both, a Malbec and Cab Sav....came out great after MLF.

You'll really like the Malbec, it is very popular.

You'll really like the Malbec, it is very popular.

Looking forward to it!!!..never made a malbec, heard lots of good reviews on the chilean malbec! Might grab a couple pails of this.. I wish my supply guy had luva bella or bello chilean pails... But he can only get toro negro brand.. Oh we'll!,,

Last edited:
Back