Free Bottles in Texas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott B

Reaction score
Found this on college station craigslist > for sale / wanted > free stuff

<H2>free glass bottles</H2>
<HR>
Date: 2009-11-01, 7:39PM CST
Reply to: [email protected] <SUP>[Errors when replying to ads?]</SUP>

<HR>

<DIV id=user>Have collected several thousand glass bottles, 750 ml and 1.0 liter wine mostly (all colors) but some clear gallons and spirits. All intended for recycled art projects. Lots of cobalt blue. Am getting older and am downsizing my activities. Don't want them to go to the landfill. All glass in good shape. Haul them away, some or all. They are free.

<UL =bs>
<LI>it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests</LI>[/list]
<TABLE summary="craigslist hosted s">
<T>
<TR>
<TD align=middle></TD>
<TD align=middle></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD align=middle></TD>
<TD align=middle></TD></TR></T></TABLE>PostingID: 1447334219

Hey Scott, I am here in BCS as well. That looks pretty good. Did you get a chance to look at them?
Been getting mine from Luigi's, seem to have a garage full but hate to pass up good bottles.

I just scrubbed labels off about 30 bottles just now. Had them soaking in a tub of water and easy clean. it's a pain but I think I saved around $35.00

On Sunday drove to College Station, TX (2.5 hours each way)and pickup 289 Free Bottles. That was the last of them.

He was melting the bottles down to make Glass Plates and Jewelry. He said he was down sizing his hobby and wanted to give the bottles a good home.

I guess I'm glad I got there on Thursday to get 12 cases of green bottles. Did you see the little 228 ML blue bottles? He must have 100 cases and I picked up 8 cases of them (24 to a case). They use screw caps but might be great as gifters/tasters.

He made jewelry out of the glass and she makes vinegar when they go to Canada each summer. I gave them a bottle of merlot and got a bottle of vinegar in return.

Nice folks, saved a lot of bottles from going to the recycler or trash dump.

Wayne

Latest posts

Back