Forgot to add K Meta

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TENNISTOWINE

Reaction score
I am making 6 gal of cucumber wine and I added all ingredients yesterday morning (except K meta) and yeast. Today at noon I added the yeast. This afternoon it occured to me that I never added K meta, It has not started fermenting in the crock. Should I add the K meta now and the yeast in the morning? Will someone tell me what to do to salvage this batch? Thanks for your help.

Hopefully you washed everything off. Let it ferment. Stir often. Did you add any pectic enzyme before the yeast?

If you feel the must may be filled with other yeast strains you could add k meta now and readd yeast in a day.

Your probably good though.

U B OK.

meta is only added to stun wild yeast that MIGHT be on the fruit

Yes I added pectin enzyme. yeast energizer. yeast nutrient, and sugar and I let it sit for 24 + hours. 6 hours ago I added the yeast but it has not started fermenting vigorously (it does not look like it is). So you don't think I should add K meta now to kill everything and then in 24 hours start over and add all the other ingredients? Thanks for your help.
Yes I washed everything when I started.

Latest posts

Back