flowers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nate - I was wondering the same thing about the green stem on the end of the flower blossom. Leave or discard? The recipe I was looking at called for 3 1/2 qts. I'm hoping those qts do not to be packed or else that would be a lot of picking!

I've been testing my dandelion wine that I have going every time i degas and rack, I can definitely taste the dandelion flavor (and surprisingly it tastes pretty good), I suggest mixing with honey, and some sort of dried fruit. I used dates in mine and and it definitely adds some body and mixed with the honey has a very smooth aroma. Just my 2cents. Definitely remove all the green, the green adds a very bitter taste. Its very easy to remove the dandelion petals when the sun has been out, they're completely dry, and in mid-afternoon, the petals for some reason are much more easy to remove at that time of day

Last edited:
Steve - How did the dandelion wine turn out. Would you make again? My lilac looks and what I have sip tasted good. Planning on opening my first bottle this weekend. The new blossoms are starting and want to decide if I will do again.

Lilac

It is almost time for lilacs to start blooming so I opened a small bottle of lilac wine. It has a very nice start, but it finishes very bitter. I think i removed most of the stems. Smells just like the flowers. My flowers were light purple and the wine is a pink/orange depending on the light.

I don't think i will do this one again this year.

Latest posts

Back